Thursday 22 August 2013

Review: Maybelline Colour Tattoo 24 Hour Cream Gel Shadow

 
A while ago in my wanderings along aisles I noticed these little pots - the Maybelline Colour Tattoo 24 Hour Cream Gel Shadow. Phew - that's a seriously long title! I instantly fell in love with Inked in Pink, a beautiful dusty pink colour. I have since gone out and purchased Bad to the Bronze, a lovely bronze without too much gold. It's perfect for a darker smoky brown eye.

There are 9 shades in the range including Tenacious Teal, Pomegranate Punk and Fierce & Tangy. They all look beautiful - in fact I intend to go out and get myself Tenacious Teal very soon.

 
Each of these pots are of a metallic cream make-up. They are well pigmented and last well. I don't know if the 24 hours is truthful, although I don't have my make-up on for that long so I shouldn't say. I am genuinely loving these shadows. At first glance I thought the cream would be too dry to work with but upon applying to the lid it was smooth and built up very well. And the blending! Oh, the blending! It is more evident with Bad to the Bronze as Inked in Pink is closer to a flesh colour, but the product blends really beautifully! They can be built up really well, from a sheer shimmer to an intensive smack of colour.


As you can see they are highly reflective which is down to their metallic makeup. Don't fear though, when worn on they will not be as unforgiving as in these photos - I had a flash directly on them. The shimmer is noticeable but I wouldn't define the product as a glittery.

These are great as a base for powder shadows, but they are so lovely and pigmented that they stand well on their own.

Have I convinced you yet? They are available for just $11.95 at Priceline.

Rachel x

It's easy to find me, follow me on Bloglovin!

No comments:

Post a Comment