Monday 26 August 2013

Maybelline Mega Plush Volum' Express

 
 
Another day, another mascara. It's a real problem I'm developing. This one I've had for a while now. I've given it a good amount of time. It's time to be honest though - I just don't know how I feel about the Maybelline Mega Plush Volum' Express. 

 
When it all comes down to it, the actual product that is applied to the lashes is good. I don't mind it's consistency - the gel-mousse formula lives up to its hype and leaves the lashes soft and supple. I'm not sure if it's just me, but I found it a little more difficult to remove than other mascaras I've been using of late. I'm not using an oil-based remover so perhaps that could be the reason.
 
I also am happy with the brush, even though it uses rubber bristles. I find that it distributes the product well and it builds up nicely with a few coats. Just don't let each layer dry between applications.
 
 

 
The problem comes down to the stem of the wand. I really, really dislike the bendy wand. It has a break within the stick that is supposed to allow for more flexibility and coverage. However, all I've found with it is that it makes it harder to apply a nice thick coat. It doesn't allow for much resistance against the lashes. There are others within the Volum' Express range have the same feature - including the Falsies Flared.
 
I get that a lot of people love these mascaras; I just can't get into it! I'm quite upset about it. I much prefer my Rimmel Scandal Eyes Lycra Flex Mascara which I bought at around the same time.
 
Sorry Maybelline, I still do love you!
 
Have you tried the Mega Plush Volum' Express Mascara? Let me know what your own thoughts are!
 
Rachel x

It's easy to find me, follow me on Bloglovin!

No comments:

Post a Comment