Sunday 22 September 2013

Revlon ColourBurst Lip Butters

 
Just in case you've been living under a rock for a considerable amount of time (if so, I suggest you stop as it's not very conducive to comfort or health), I thought I would bring to your attention the Revlon Lip Butters. Fans of this product, please bear with me. I just feel I have to convert the rest of the world.

 
The Revlon Lip Butters are the perfect compromise between the boldness of a bright lip and the nourishment of a balm. They come in a huge range of colours - some 20 different hues. And they are formulated with the added goodness of mango, shea and coconut butter. Given their glossy, buttery formula, they have a pretty good lasting power. But the fact is, they are so easy to apply, you can touch-up wherever and whenever you need. I always find myself swiping it on while walking to my next class at uni - no mirror required!


 
The products provide a reasonably sheer colour which is buildable to, I would say, a medium coverage. These are ideal for someone who is not in the habit of wearing bright colours. There are some lovely soft colours to begin with, yet others have a bit more shizzam about them. I have in my own little collection 'Red Candy Apple' (a lovely bright red, perfect for when a bold, matte lip is too much) and Tutti Frutti (the perfect apricot/orange to compliment the warmer weather). More often than not lately, I'm wearing one of these two shades.

Note: this is the colour after being built up. The product goes on much more sheer to begin with.

I also want to add how much I love the packaging of these little beauties. They just feel a tad more luxurious than other like-products on the market. Plus, the cases give a pretty accurate description of the product colour - perfect when searching in your handbag for a touch-up.

The Revlon Lip Butters are a must for a S/S makeup look. I can imagine my collection will have grown come February next year!

What are your favourite shades from the Revlon Lip Butter range?

Rachel x

It's easy to follow me, find me on Bloglovin!

No comments:

Post a Comment