Friday 20 September 2013

Maybelline Dream Pure BB

 

I have not been a fan of BB creams. Just as I haven't been a user of tinted moisturisers. I like a good coverage on my face, which I have only ever gotten from the likes of my Nars Sheer Glow or Estee Lauder Double Wear. Those sheer coverage creams just don't do it for me. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea! Working in a chemist, I frequently recommend these products to people. I just have never been impressed with them for my own personal use.

That was before I used a sample of the Maybelline Dream Pure BB from a magazine last month. I was having a study day at home and didn't intend on venturing far from the house, so I figured I'd chuck it on to see how it goes. It wouldn't matter if it was a sheer colouring. I was pretty well shocked at what it did for my skin. I'm not saying it covered my spots in one hit like my trusty Double Wear, but it definitely evened out my complexion. I found it was even a little buildable, although given that it's a moisturiser etc., I wouldn't want to plaster it on too heavy. With a little added concealer in the areas that needed assistance, I found my skin looked pretty damn good. I was really, really impressed with the sachet stuck on that glossy mag page. So I went and bought it.

It turns out this little baby acts not only to conceal imperfections, but also to treat them! It contains 2% Salicylic Acid, which helps to clear up and prevent blemishes. Like a lot of BBs, it has an added SPF of 15 which saves on another step in the morning! The Dream Pure BB from Maybelline is intended for oily skin - as a combination skin, I find I have no trouble with this.

What I did find though, while this doesn't affect me, is that it only comes in two shades (light & medium). I found this a little odd, as the Dream Fresh BB from Maybelline comes in four (fair, light, medium & medium deep). Maybelline does say that the product adjusts to your skin tone, however, I'm not sure how a darker-skinned lass would go with this. I don't think it has that much adjusting power.

This is not my go-to base product. If I'm leaving the house for any length of time (which is most days) I go for my foundation. But when I'm doing things at home or know I need to run to get groceries etc. - this is what I put on now. Who woulda thunk it?


What's your favourite drugstore BB cream?

Rachel x

It's easy to follow me, find me on Bloglovin!

No comments:

Post a Comment