Friday 14 February 2014

Glycolic Toner


A little while back I spoke about how I was really struggling with break outs and just couldn't figure out what to do/change to help my skin. While I was shopping for a foundation one day (in order to hide the dastardly things!) the shop assistant recommend using an exfoliation toner to me. It was nothing new to me; I'd heard all about them and had even tried an acidic toner before. However, in my experience such a toner was super, duper strong and basically just made my already angry and sensitive skin cry out even further. 

I went for a wander through the aisles, however, and came across this little bottle: the Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Toner. It sounds strong, it looks potent, but the label assured me it wasn't. In fact, they recommended using it morning and night. 

I've used this toner each night since I purchased it and I haven't felt any irritation. It does recommend avoiding use if you have broken out acne, but on the whole I feel it has kept my skin relatively clear. I still go through my hormonal breakouts which are unavoidable, but this has definitely made a difference in the texture of my skin. I love that it doesn't feel any different to a normal toner when I apply it - no tightness of skin, no irritation - and I think this might have a place in my bathroom cupboard for some time to come! 

Have you tried this toner from Mario Badescu? What exfoliating toner would you recommend to me?

Rachel x

Follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment